Friday, December 12, 2008

Playstation Home is here

Following on from my thoughts about the death in the internet it has been announced that Playstation Home has been released.

Hoorah! Home is free, it's basically Second Life on your Playstation 3, but because it's on your PS3 and not your PC it's going to be good. Amazingly good.

PS3 home hasn't acchieved much press probably because it has been so horrendously delayed but now it's here I think it'll gain momentum fast.



And this supports my point that users online activity will move away from the traditional PC browser route and instead more users will be accessing for leisure via their console. The implication being that more of the web will be controlled by the console and gaming giants, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, EA and Activision.


If you want to read more about it check out the BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7777122.stm

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

No comments: