I'll be referring to this again for sure.
In short they are:
- Form labels work best above the field
- Users focus on faces - and also look where faces face
- Quality of design is an indicator of credibility (users judge a book by it's cover, shit design, layout, consistency, typography, errors, typos, usability, rate of update erode credibility)
- Most users do and don't scroll - read the article, it makes sense.
- Blue is the best colour for links
- The ideal search box is 27-characters wide
- White space improves comprehension
- Effective user testing doesn't have to be extensive (5-15 people)
- Informative product pages help you stand out
- Most users are blind to advertising (or things that look liek advertising)