Monday, September 13, 2010

Live TV

I noticed the other day that YouTube is starting to show on demand content from Channel 4 and 5. I think this is great as YouTube is well established channel to use although I wonder if fantastic programming from these companies (Misfits, Inbetweeners, Shameless, Teachers, IT Crowd, etc) will get lost to the likes of "ninja cat" and "cat playing piano"... ha ha hilarious. Goodtimes!

Now I hear YouTube is trialing live streaming content. Again great.

I think at the moment, as a medium for watching clips, YouTube is near on perfect. In the future if it's to also be a hub for regular TV (which I hope it could be), as well as live content (surely this will only lead to smut?) I think they'll need to rethink how you find content. But generally - quite excited about YouTube's future and what it means to me.


No comments: